The Children’s Online Privacy Act (“COPPA”) requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13, and that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians in order for children under the 13 years of age to use certain features on our web site. Below we explain how we do that for these children. Also, when we use the term “parent” below, we mean to include legal guardians.
(1) Collection of Personally Identifiable Information Collected from Children
From time to time, we may request limited personally identifiable information (first name, email address and possibly age for Children) from Children and persons over the age of 13 in order to offer a promotion or other activity. In such an instance, we will request that the Child provide his or her email address, as well as the email address of his or her parent or legal guardian (“Parent”). We will use that email address to send the parent an email letting him or her know about the child’s contact. The email will include details on how the parent may (i) provide us with consent; or (ii) prohibit us from any further contact with the child. In order to participate in an activity that requires the collection of personally identifiable information, we will not collect more information than is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in the activity at issue.
Below are some examples of instances in which we may collect the first name and email address from Children on the site and require parental consent:
- Participation in weekly age appropriate discussion forum;
- Entry into a contest or other promotion;
- Receipt of newsletters on a recurring basis;
- The availability of Artist merchandise for sale; and
- Tour dates.
(2). Age Screening
If personally identifiable information must be submitted in order to participate, we use age screening. For example, if you want to receive one of our newsletters, you must give us your email address. Sections of the site that request personally identifiable information will have an age-screening mechanism to prevent Children from registering without parental consent. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of thirteen to register with our site, or to access those features that require registration.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen other than in a legally permissible situation, we will delete the information from our records as soon as we discover it.
(3) Use of Personally Identifiable Information Collected from Children
When we collect personally identifiable information from Children, we will only use that information for the express purpose for which it was collected. For example, if a child wants to receive a newsletter from the site, we will request the parent’s information and will only use the child’s email address to send the newsletter, to notify the parent of the child’s request, and to send a copy of the newsletter to the parent if so requested. The personally identifiable information will not be used for any other purpose, and the personally identifiable information will not be used after a request to unsubscribe has been received.
(4) Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information Collected from Children
Except as provided in this Section, we do not share personally identifiable information collected from Children with any unaffiliated third parties. We may, however, share a child’s personally identifiable information that we have collected with parental consent in the following limited instances:
· We may share such information with third-party service providers who help us maintain the site and provide other administrative services to us. We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties may not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose, and these unaffiliated third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of the personally identifiable information.
· Additionally, we may disclose Children’s personally identifiable information to third parties if we believe we are required to do so in order to comply with law (including court orders and subpoenas); to comply with requests from law enforcement agencies or the government; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and the rights, privacy, safety or property of our employees or other users of our site; to protect our operations; and to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
(5) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. We do not collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
(6) Note to Parents and Legal Guardians
Please contact us at any time regarding privacy questions or concerns, or to request to review what personally identifiable information we have collected from a Child. Parents may also contact us at any time to request that we delete the personally identifiable information of a child or a parent and/or refuse to permit further collection or use of a child’s information. We will take steps to ensure that any person contacting us for a child’s information is that child’s parent or guardian.
Uncle G Promotions and Entertainment
PO Box 1788